In Web Hosting World, misconception about technologies between Cloud Hosting & VPS hosting is becoming quite a drone now. Generally, most of the people tend to misjudge the basic concept between these two web hosting technologies and this is due to lack of knowledge.
Recently, we came to know plenty of people have been asking us about Cloud Hosting or VPS Hosting which one is better. But the reality is you don’t have to choose one of them because you can actually use both at the same time. If you are muddle but really need to decide which of the hosting service to be chosen, then first you should know features and offers of each hosting services, you can compare and then after you can decide which one is relevant for you as per your requirements and budget.
We hope with this post, we will try to diminish a little bit of confusion and will cleave it into two different types of Cloud Hosting & VPS Hosting. So you’ll learn fluently and promptly. To help you out, here is a description of each and every with pro and contra (Advantages & disadvantages).
What is VPS Hosting?
VPS Hosting is known as “Virtual Private Servers” and sometimes it is also called as “Private Cloud” is based on servers which are handmade virtualization mechanism. In VPS Hosting, one physical machine is divided into certain small servers. These servers have their own separate resources like RAM, CPU, OS and Disk Space.
- VPS servers are affordable because it is less expensive than Cloud servers.
- On shared server between VPS clients no file or data access occurs. They are kept isolated.
- In critical situation one VPS can be rebooted without affecting other VPSs on a shared server.
- The benefit you will get is complete root access to your server in VPS hosting, so you can modify your server environment exactly the way you want. i.e you can install any application as you wish to.
- Expectation of high-availability in VPS hosting is rare. If a physical server fails, then all VPS on that server fails.
- The negative point of VPS Hosting is that if a customer on your shared server does not take security sincerely, then your server will get hacked. So security examine is essential.
- Utilization of operating system can be used only one on each physical server.
- Secondary negative point of VPS Hosting is that they are not flexible. Storage depends on physical server restriction. Once you reach to the maximum extent in VPS Hosting, either you have to buy more space or look for other options. This could take several hours or days to migrate with the downtime process for a new solution.
Related Blog : Important Factors to Consider Before Choosing a Web Host
What is Cloud Hosting?
Cloud Hosting is known as “Virtual Machine”(VM) and also known as “Infrastructure As A Service”(IAAS). If you are not cognizant, Cloud Hosting is dominating in today’s era. Technology has already reached a marvelous level of acknowledgment within a short period of time.
In Cloud Hosting, websites which are hosted can be easily accessible anytime, anywhere. Simply that hosting assets for each website are reflected on every cloud server in the heap. For example, if there is already maximum traffic on one cloud server, then it will automatically route the queries for the particular site to the bootless cloud server in the heap.
In a simple word, web hosting services performed by cloud, like file storage, SSH, FTP, SFTP and email service etc., on many different servers at the same time.
- Cloud hosting is very flexible as the load is distributed equally amidst all nodes. When your traffic increase, your website will not be affected by any lack of resources as they can be gain from others in an instant manner. As the performance of your website will never be negotiated.
- Custom framework – clients can include custom network like IP deployment, firewalls, architecture etc.
- If a physical server fails, cloud servers are migrated to another physical server without any interruption.
- If a client on cloud server gets hacked, your server will be completely separated without affecting your data.
- There is only one disadvantage in the cloud is quite typical and more expensive than VPS.
Which one should We opt for?
It tricky when it comes to Cloud Hosting vs VPS Hosting because both have their own sets of advantages, what fits one may not really be perfect for another.
If you have a new business, and expecting to increase traffic in the future then VPS Hosting will be best for you, as VPS Hosting less expensive, not require more technical knowledge and it’s easy to manage.
On the other side, if you are enlarging your business and your current server is not able to handle the load and requirements of your incoming online traffic, then it is advisable to switch to Cloud Hosting.
So before wrapping up this, we can say like it is actually based on the requirement of configuration that will help to choose between VPS Hosting or Cloud Hosting. But still, if you are having any further query, you can simply contact us and we would be happy to help you.